Due tipologie di servizio: Hotel e Residence
Non ci sono camere disponibili
This hotel is situated on the southernmost tip of the Calabrian peninsula, on the Ionian Sea, right beside Capo Spartivento.
With its ideal climate, warm water and the lush vegetation surrounding it, the Altalia hotel is a veritable oasis of comfort
This establishment offers two different holiday choices.
The first is its FOUR-STAR, MEDITERRANEAN-STYLE HOTEL with 150 beds. The hotel is situated at a short distance from the Altalia tourist village to which it is connected by means of underground passages.
It stands in a wonderful natural setting created by the hot sun of Italy, at about 150 metres from the sea.
All rooms have balconies with a view of the sea, private ensuite bathrooms, centrally heated warm showers, air conditioning, piped music, mini bar, colour TV, radio, direct landline, etc.
Terraces for heliotherapy treatment, playgrounds and colourful gardens frame the large Hollywood-style, fresh-water pool at the centre of the complex.
The hotel also has a snack bar, a TV room, a conference hall and a large restaurant with a panoramic view of the sea and a big enclosed parking place.
The second option is the Altalia RESIDENCE, right on the beach and providing accommodation in a number of well-furnished, fully-renovated dwellings.
This residential village stands right on the beach, and can sleep 440: the village contains one or two-room chalets, with completely refurbished kitchenettes.
The rooms are well furnished and also have a mini bar, landline, TV, ventilation fans. Each has its own bathroom with tub or shower, with centrally supplied hot water, balcony and terrace.
The compound contains shops and bars.
The guests can avail of the sports facilities and equipment provided.
THE CONGRESS AREA
Size: 320 square metres – Capacity: an audience of 300– Banquet: seats 200
The Altalia VILLAGE HOTEL is ideal for a business meeting, a ceremony, a banquet.
Functionality, efficiency, technology and impeccable service characterise the Hotel’s conference area, ideal for holding symposia, meetings, seminars, workshops, press conferences, even banquets, ceremonies and other get-togethers.
The sober, elegant meeting room is provided with modern equipment:
video projector – sound system – radio microphones – brooch microphones – PC Connections – DVD players- photo-copier and fax – internet connection – slide projector – audio / video recorder. It can also provide secretarial staff and interpreters – cloakroom service – assistants– closed circuit TV – wide screen – flip-chart – overhead projector.
Our stylish premises are perfectly suited to every need, from simple meetings requiring the rental of the space alone to complete service, refreshment services included.
The refreshments services provided include
- Opening coffee • Coffee break • Welcome cocktail party • Dinner • Gala dinner • Brunch
THE SERVICES AND SPORTING FACILITIES PROVIDED AT THE VILLAGE
1 tennis/basketball court,
1 volleyball/ basketball court,
1 football pitch, 1 tennis court, 1 bowling green,
2 swimming pools for adults and children, windsurfing, canoe
2 bar, rotisserie, bazar.
Daytime and evening entertainment (with activity leaders) all year round, disco, variety and other shows, sports coaches (tennis, swimming, sailing and windsurfing), piano bar, ample parking, private beach of over 10,000 square metres, kiddies’ club for children between 3 and 10, and a playground.
RATES 2015 printable version
CLUB VILLAGE RESIDENCE – 550 beds
|HALF BOARD/ FULL BOARD IN THE RESIDENCE|
The CLUB card costs €30.00 per person, and between the 13/06 and the 05/09, is mandatory for all guests staying either at the hotel or the residence.
Children under 6 get the card free.
The card entitles guests to:
daytime and evening activities, the shows, piano bar, group instructor-led swimming, tennis, windsurfing, gymnastic etc. courses.
€35.00 per week for 1 beach umbrella and 2 loungers
The rates given for the RESIDENCE are weekly
electricity, a kitchen with a cooker, fridge , cooking utensils, cutlery etc., pre-check-in cleaning service, bed linen changes once a week;
table linen, towels (rentable at €. 5.00 per person per change), final cleaning service at the guests’ expense ( if not carried out by them ) €25.00 two-roomed, €20.00 for the one-roomed chalet.
It is possible to book weekend stays during periods when the hotel is not normally open
- Children Games
- Conditioned Air
- Conference hall
- Credit Card
- Park and Garden
- Private Beach
- Sport Activity
- Swimming Poll
- Wellness center
Costa dei gelsomini [The Jasmine Coast], Costa delle Tartarughe Caretta Caretta [The Loggerhead Sea-Turtle Coast] are two of the names by which Brancaleone, in particular, and the Ionian coastline of the Province of Reggio Calabria, in general, are known.
It was precisely here in Brancaleone that jasmine plants first appeared, when they were introduced from Liguria, in around 1928. The cultivation of this flower, brought to Europe for the first time in the sixteenth century, goes back several centuries before Christ, when its blossoms were used during sacred rites practiced in India and Nepal. Once it reached the Graecanic area, thanks to a land-reclamation project sponsored by Reggio Calabria’s Stazione Sperimentale delle Essenze [Experimental Station for Essences], this flower became important and jasmine plantations were set up to supply the lucrative cosmetics industry and made its mark in the area alongside the region’s so-called “green gold”, bergamot.
But Brancaleone is also recognised as the “cradle” of an important project aimed at safeguarding one of the Mediterranean’s most critically-endangered species, the Tartaruga Caretta Caretta [Loggerhead Sea Turtle]. The town hosts the headquarters of the Centro Recupero Tartarughe Marine [Sea Turtle Recovery Centre] engaged in the salvage, recovery and care of this species. The Graecanic beaches are one of the species’ main Mediterranean nesting and hatching sites as well as being home to 70% of all the nests registered in Italy. Thanks to the “Tarta Care” project, set up in the year 2000 and conducted by researchers from the University of Calabria, this species has been monitored and protected, so that the total of baby turtles born on the Ionian shores now exceeds the 10,000 mark.
In the past, the town was first called Sperlonga or Sperlinga, then Mottaleonis, a compound of motta [for] and leone [lion], probably meant in the metaphorical sense. The town’s present name seems to derive from the Latin branca [meaning claw], so that the name of the town means lion’s claw.
TOWNLANDS AND LOCALITIES
Brancaleone Marina, Capo Spartivento, Galati, Fiumarella, Pantano Grande, Pressocito, Razzà.
Brancaleone Marina, which today hosts the centre for the salvage and recovery of the Loggerhead Sea Turtle, also keeps alive the memory of the Piedmontese writer Cesare Pavese who was exiled here by the fascist regime, between 1935 and 1936.
The history of Brancaleone is associated with the abandoned hamlet situated behind it and known as Brancaleone vecchio [Old Brancaleone].
Clinging to a rock face of a little under 300 metres in height, we find Brancaleone vecchio, in olden times known as Sperlinga, from the Greek Spèlugx, cavern. This village evolved from a range of grottos inhabited by contemplative hermits who chose to dwell and meditate there between the eighth and tenth centuries AD. Recent archaeological excavations, carried out on the eastern side of the church of the Addolorata, have revealed how some of these caves were used to store food, indispensable for the survival of the tiny hamlet, which was probably fortified during the late Byzantine period. On the highest point overlooking the hamlet, stood a fortress, which documents show as belonging to the Ruffo family in the fourteenth century, when the village began to be called Motta Leonis. In 1489, the building was listed among the castles the Aragon dynasty intended to enlarge and strengthen, to enhance the Kingdom’s defences. Annexed to the Ayerbo d’Aragona fiefdom in 1515, Brancaleone became the property of the Spatafora family in 1571, through whom it passed on to the Carafas, remaining theirs until 1806. The hamlet is divided into two nuclei: the first is near the site of the old Chiesa Matrice dell’Addolorata, of which the only ground-level flooring remains; the second nucleus extends further south, behind the Archidiaconal Church of the Annunziata and was built in the seventeenth century on a terraced plateau at the town entrance, on the ruins of a Capuchin monastery, it seems. Near the church of the Addolorata, close to a clearing excavated recently by archaeologists, stand the remains of a church cut out of the tufa stone and featuring a central column carved from the rock. At the entrance there is an altar bearing the engraving of a cross and a bird, maybe a dove or a peacock, in prayer. On the western side of the hamlet there is another grotto, with a modern painting of angels in the presence of the Virgin Mary.
In Brancaleone it is still possible to see the house where Cesare Pavese lived during his exile. The writer and intellectual was forcibly exiled here, from 1935 to 1936, by the regime on suspicion of anti-fascist activity. Here he began writing the diary entitled Il mestiere di Vivere [lit. The Business of Living, published in English as The Burning Brand] and his first novel Il Carcere [Prison]. Far from his beloved Turin, Pavese simultaneously loved and despised the place and the people hosting him. Of the locals he wrote to his sister “these people have such tact and courtesy that there can be only one explanation: the civilisation here was once Greek”.
EXPLORING THE TOWN
Brancaleone Superiore [Upper] is a small hamlet, so picturesque that a visit to this old village is a must. Here it is possible to ramble among the abandoned houses while enjoying the amazing view. A trip to Brancaleone Marina and the Loggerhead Sea Turtle recovery centre is well worthwhile.
Continua a leggere